Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Yogi. Me, Not the Bear.

A couple of months ago I decided to become a frequent participant in "Aquafit" at my gym. For those of you assuming it was an easy class meant for the elderly... you're not wrong. There was never any consistency between instructors and the I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be yawning/falling asleep during a "workout". I somehow managed to convince my lovely friend Sarah (find her at Little Fish Livin') to attend these aquafit classes with me. So naturally I felt a sense of responsibility to get us into a class that would challenge us physically... which lets be honest, wasn't hard to do.

Enter Yoga.



This seemingly easy class full of quiet time and stretching seemed like the perfect situation for us. Little did we know just how challenging it would really be. I can only speak for myself, but this has been one of the best things I've ever done for myself. I love all aspects of the class, from the calming meditation to the most strenuous balancing acts I've ever encountered.

I have seen changes in my body that I didn't know where possible. I am stronger, steadier & finally relaxed. I look forward to going to yoga class and challenging myself and my body for an hour everyday.

I'm hooked. I'm a yogi.


No comments:

Post a Comment