Monday, April 4, 2016

Homemade Granola

I've recently discovered a place called The Fresh Market. Wow. Let me just sum up my experience by saying that the first person to greet us when we walked in was passing out samples of wine. It was quite a different experience from my usual "I hope I pick a Walmart cart with functioning wheels". But with such high standards comes equally high prices. Sigh.

I mainly stuck to produce and made a mental list of things I could easily make myself for less than half the price here... Which led me to this post... After a few trial and error periods, I bring you my (absolutely delicious) homemade granola recipe!






You'll need:

1/4 cup of coconut oil
1/3 cup of honey
2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
3 cups of old fashion oats

Preheat the oven to 300°F. Combine the coconut oil and honey into a pot and bring it to a low boil. Remove from heat and add the ground cinnamon & vanilla extract and mix. Once combined thoroughly add the old-fashioned oats making sure to completely cover them with the mixture. After everything is covered, spread the oats out evenly on a baking sheet and put them in the oven for 10-12 minutes. Let them cool completely before placing them in an air tight container.


No comments:

Post a Comment